Do you design/deliver training in public engagement? This meeting is designed for you….
Collaborating on Researcher Development (CoRD): Designing Public Engagement Training – 23 April 2013, 10:30-16:30, Staffordshire University (Stoke)
The Vitae Midlands and North West Hubs are pleased to invite you to this one day collaborative meeting to inspire and enhance the public engagement training available for researchers in UK Higher Education Institutions.
What is CoRD?
CoRD is series of collaborative meetings run by Vitae Hubs to encourage collaboration between universities, staff and organisations. Collaborating on Researcher Development (CoRD) meetings are interesting, practical and thought provoking one-day opportunities for researcher developers to work together to create concrete outcomes. The first meeting in the series will focus on the development of public engagement training.
What’s in it for me?
- Short, sharp, TED inspired talks from a range of speakers involved in learning and development activities in public engagement and beyond.
- Creative and collaborative time with fellow experienced practitioners.
- Time and space to generate new ideas and collaborate to develop public engagement training materials for use with researchers.
Why should I attend?
This practical one-day meeting will provide you with an opportunity to:
- hear from speakers from a range of organisations talk about their experiences of delivering learning and development activities
- be involved in peer to peer discussions about how these experiences can be transferred to developing public engagement in your institution
- access other practitioners and experts to share practice on developing researchers skills in public engagement
- gain creative techniques that can be immediately integrated into your training activities with researchers
- explore collaborative opportunities to develop new public engagement training materials for use with researchers.
Who can attend?
Anyone who works for a higher education institution and is delivering learning and development activities for researchers at all levels from postgraduate researchers to research staff. This includes researcher developers, staff developers, DTC developers, careers advisors etc.
More details and registration
Book your place now at www.vitae.ac.uk/cord-pe
Join in the twitter conversation #VitaeCoRD
Posted on behalf of Emma Gillaspy, Vitae NW Hub