RCUK has published further research career case studies, with researchers telling their own personal story of how they got involved in research, what it takes to be a researcher, and their rewarding experiences from their chosen career paths.
The case studies are aimed at young people and highlight the opportunities research skills can give, not only in academia but also in the wider world of business, industry and commerce and cover a wide range of disciplines including arts and humanities; engineering; maths; biology; social sciences; and physics.
Here are just some of the researchers from The University of Manchester who are featured in the case studies:
- Dr David Topping, School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Science
- Dr Andrew Karvonen, Manchester Architecture Research Centre, School of Environment and Development
- Justyna Janiec-Anwar, School of Materials Corrosion and Protection Centre
- Dr Rishma Vidyasagar, School of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, Medical School
- Dr Hywel Owen, School of Physics and Astronomy
- Dr Chris Boyce, School of Psychological Sciences
- Dr Nicholas Harrigan
- Gillian Mawson, Social Science
You can see all of the case studies at www.rcuk.ac.uk/careersinresearch.