Due to popular demand, we are extending the deadline for our Making a Difference Awards entries – closing date midnight 24 January
At a time in which we are all probably reeling from the latest announcement of a third lockdown, we want to encourage you to highlight the great work and resilience that our staff, students, alumni and external partners are showing and the huge difference they are making to the lives of others.
If you haven’t already, please enter or nominate someone you know, to help recognise and celebrate the positive social responsibility achievements being made across our University during these challenging times.
The Awards are open to all staff and students at the University as well as alumni and external partners. Individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding public and community engagement initiative (subcategories include: local engagement; national/international engagement; public contribution; contribution by our Cultural Institutions)
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social innovation and environmental impact through enterprise
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding professional services for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participationVolunteer of the Year Award
Culminating in a major awards ceremony hosted by the President and Vice-Chancellor in May 2021, the awards will celebrate, raise awareness and provide valuable recognition of how individuals and teams across the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
Further information, award criteria and the entry form can be found on the social responsibility website.