In a year like no other, the impact of COVID-19 has shown just how incredible volunteers are, from supporting the NHS, to foodbank donations and helping neighbours.
Celebrating the very best of volunteering, the awards give our University and our community partners the opportunity to recognise those who epitomise what it means to make a difference. There are three individual categories: student, staff and alumni; and one group category for students.
Very often, the nominees who get recognised have been put forward by someone who knows them at the University, and are often in a great position to explain the difference these individuals have made to their communities.
Last year’s winners include projects where volunteers expanded a sustainability shop business; assisted students in a night time safety initiative; delivered youth programmes nationally and internationally and ran sessions to SEN and SED young people in Manchester with charity Sexpression:UK.
- Entries to be submitted to the volunteering website
- Deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday, 7 March
- Candidates can self-nominate or be nominated by a third party
- Individuals and teams (for student group) can enter
- If you have any trouble accessing the nomination form, please email email@example.com