Widening Participation Fellowships 2020/21 – paid fellowships to develop and deliver activities to inspire and engage school and college students from across Greater Manchester. Positions are open to all non-final year PhD students.
WP Fellows are expected to contribute in various ways to the development and delivery of a wide range of events and resources for young people, their parents, carers and teachers including:
- Subject taster workshops and lectures;
- Academic Study Skills e.g. essay writing, research skills;
- Student Life activities, teaching and learning at university;
- School and college careers events;
- Delivering “Why Study” talks in Schools/Colleges;
- Developing resources and delivering online sessions.
Hours and Pay:
The period of employment is from October – July (10 months). Most WP Fellows complete between 20 to 70 hours, but this is flexible depending on your workload and availability. Fellows are paid monthly, at an hourly rate, currently of £13.43 per hour.
Applicants will be asked to submit an application form and a two minute video of an elevator pitch about their research for Year 10/11 pupils (ages 14 to 16).
Interested applicants are invited to submit an online application form by 5pm on Monday 24th August 2020.
Find out more:
Full application and submission details here.
Roles are available for PhD students in all three faculties and are managed by the Academic Enrichment Officers for each Faculty (listed below):