Recruitment of Lay Members for the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health’s Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE) Forum.
Are you a member of the public involved or engaged with the Faculty’s research and/or teaching? Do you have experience of Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement?
If so we have an exciting opportunity for two lay members to join the Faculty’s PPIE Forum. The Forum ensures that the Faculty develops, delivers and monitors an action plan for successful and meaningful PPIE, which is integral to the Faculty’s Social Responsibility strategy.
Being a lay member would benefit your personal development as the forum would:
- provide you with the opportunity to learn more about PPIE in the Faculty
- give you the opportunity to meet a range of staff, students and public contributors across the Faculty
- allow you to be part of the forum which plays an essential role in driving forward the Faculty’s Public Engagement action plan
Duties of Forum members include:
- Working with Academic and Faculty Public Engagement leads to develop an action plan for the Faculty’s Social Responsibility and Public Engagement team
- Provide feedback on PPIE activities.
- Advise on best practice in relation to PPIE in research and education.
The Forum meets quarterly and also features guest speakers from across the University. You will receive £60 per Forum meeting you attend plus reasonable travel expenses up to the value of £30 per meeting. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Forum, please read the job description which includes details on how to apply for the role. The job description can be found here: http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=46765
Please note: This opportunity is for members of the public already affiliated with the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health and who have experience of being part of a similar group giving advice on University documents.
The deadline for applications closes on Thursday 13th February at midnight.
The applications will then be shortlisted, with shortlisted applicants being invited to attend an interview with Forum co-chairs (Dr Stephanie Snow, Academic Lead for Community Engagement and Involvement and Kay Gallacher, Public Contributor) on Wednesday 11th March. If you are unable to attend on the 11th please let us know when you apply.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details about the Forum and PPIE in the Faculty please visit: https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/connect/social-responsibility/public-patients/