Are you interested in… Improving your communication skills, talking about your research with a public audience, joining a global network of science communicators and an all expenses paid trip to Cheltenham Science Festival? Hundreds of science communicators across the UK go head to head every year to become the FameLab UK champion. So why not enter…
Here’s what you need to do…
- Read the eligibility criteria to check you can apply
- Look at which regional training and heat you would like to attend
- Apply to take part! You will then be contacted by the regional organiser to confirm your attendance
- Prepare a 3-minute talk on your research
- Either: Attend the training session and heat at your chosen UK location. If you are selected as one of the top few participants, you will need to prepare a second talk and attend your regional final. Or, send a video of your 3-minute talk to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected as one of the top few participants, you will need to prepare and send us a second talk for the video final.
Applications close at midnight on Friday 28 February 2020.
Prizes – If you win your regional final, you will be invited to:
- A weekend masterclass with a professional science communicator 30 & 31 May 2020
- Participate in the FameLab UK final at Cheltenham Science Festival 1 June 2020
- An all-expenses paid trip to Cheltenham Science Festival 2-7 June 2020 where you can meet FameLab participants from all over the world, engage with audiences and other science communicators, and immerse yourself in the vibrant festival programme
- Receive up to £2000 prize money
If you win the UK final, you will be invited to represent the UK at the International FameLab Semi-Finals, and possibly the International FameLab Final at Cheltenham Science Festival 4 June 2020!
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.