We are pleased to invite you to an event titled ‘Cultural Partners and Impact; Building a shared understanding of how to work together to achieve impact’which will be held in the Grand Hall of the Whitworth Art Gallery on Thursday 20 June 2019, 9:30 – 14:00 including a networking lunch.
The event is open to researchers, support staff, cultural partners and related organisations. We’re keen to welcome researchers at all career stages, with or without prior engagement with cultural partners/public engagement experience.
- To explore the mutual benefits and optimise opportunities to achieve impact from research through our cultural partners
- Share good practice of joint working between cultural partners and researchers
- Signpost researchers to resources and expertise across cultural partners
- Opportunities for researchers and cultural partners to discuss common issues and build links
- Practical guidance on how to effectively evidence impact from public engagement activities
The event will involve lightening talks from key cultural partners (Chester Zoo; Whitworth Art Gallery; Jodrell Bank; Manchester Museum; John Rylands Library; and the Science and Industry Museum) co-presentations with researchers to highlight examples of best practice, a networking lunch with posters and exhibits, and pragmatic tips for evidencing and evaluating the impact of public engagement activities.
Please register via this link – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cultural-partners-and-impact-working-together-to-achieve-research-impact-tickets-60048058359
If you would like to hold a stand during the lunchtime networking session, please contact Lauren.Tempelman@manchester.ac.uk. The aim of these stands is to showcase previous/ongoing collaborative projects in order to inspire others, or to promote areas of expertise/ facilities.