There’s still time to enter the Making a Difference Awards
With a closing date of 21 January there are less than two weeks to go before the deadline for entering the Making a Difference Awards.
The Making a Difference Awards aim to recognise and celebrate the many different types of social responsibility achievements of the University’s academic and professional services staff, students and alumni.
The Awards are open to all staff and students at the University and external partners. Individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social innovation
- Outstanding public and community engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding Professional Services and library support for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Volunteer of the Year Award
Culminating in a major awards ceremony hosted by the President and Vice-Chancellor in May 2019, the awards will celebrate, raise awareness and provide valuable recognition of how individuals and teams across the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
Further information, award criteria and the entry form can be found on the social responsibility website: http://www.socialresponsibility.manchester.ac.uk/get-involved/awards/