The Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) is offering funding for BRC researchers, staff and students to develop and deliver projects and activities that engage the public in BRC research in line with the Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement strategy.
This fund aims to:
- Encourage collaborative working between BRC themes and provide support for the BRC cross-cutting themes;
- Support imaginative approaches to engaging diverse audiences;
- Increase awareness amongst people and patients about opportunities to participate in BRC research (especially in groups/geographies with currently low participation rates).
Awards: We expect applications in the region of £1,000 – £3,000 per project.
Preparing an application
Potential applicants must discuss their idea with their PPIE Theme Lead and/or the Public Programmes PPIE Project Manager before submission. If the proposed projects or activities do not fit the funding criteria, applicants may be signposted to more appropriate funding opportunities.
- Encouraging Collaboration BRC PE fund – information for applicants (pdf)
- Encouraging Collaboration BRC PE fund application form 2018 (doc)
Submitting an application
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10th September 2018 (23:59).
Further information and to apply: https://www.manchesterbrc.nihr.ac.uk/news-and-events/encouraging-collaboration-brc-public-engagement-grant/