Research Impact (REF): Delivering Excellence – Tuesday 5 July 2016, Manchester Conference Centre
We are delighted with the fantastic response we have had for our Research Impact (REF): Delivering Excellence 2016 conference. Tickets are selling quickly so we encourage interested individuals to Register Today in order to secure your place(s).
Academics admit feeling pressure to embellish possible impact of research!
Why is this REF 2016 event taking place?
Following the 2014 REF the government have commissioned a UK-wide review of university research funding to cut red tape for a simpler, lighter-touch, system for the REF so that universities can focus more on delivering the world-leading research
Lord Stern is leading the review drawing on evidence from the evaluation of the previous REF exercise and will be considering other models and future iterations of research performance and evaluation.
So what will the future of research funding and evaluation look like and how can institutions continue to deliver excellence? Are other models of research evaluation likely to emerge?
Sample list of organisations attending REF 2016 so far!
- The University Of Manchester
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Southampton
- University of Salford
- Queen Mary University of London
- Leeds Beckett University
- St George’s University of London
- Bournemouth University
- University of Warwick
- NHS England
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Aaron Porter, Director of External Affairs, National Centre for Universities & Business (NCUB) – Welcome and introduction
- Dr Simon Kerridge, Chair, Association of Research Managers and Administrators; Director of Research Services, University of Kent – The changing landscape for research funding
- Dr Vicky Jones, REF Deputy Manager at HEFCE – The Metric Tide
- Dr Christine Nightingale, Member of the REF Equality and Diversity Advisory Panel; Head of Equality and Diversity, De Montfort University – Writing REF bids and submissions: Improving quality and diversity’
- Professor Roger Falconer, School of Engineering, Cardiff University; Member Panel B
- Dr Catriona Manville, Senior Adviser, RAND Europe – High Performing Research Units
- Peter Burnhill, Director EDINA, Information Services, University of Edinburgh
- Katy McKen, Head of Research Information & Intelligence, University of Bath; Member of REF Panel C
- Professor Mark Reed, Professor of Socio-Technical Innovation, Newcastle University
- Sarah Parks, Analyst, RAND Europe
Who is the event for?
This international conference aims to help Higher Education Institutions and researchers effectively measure and evidence impact, offering practical guidance to deliver excellence.
What is different about this event?
Active Learning with breakout sessions offering practical guidance to help you improve your research excellence and to demonstrate excellence in REF submissions and interdisciplinary research
Learn about the future direction for research funding and assessment as the government reviews of governance, structure and evaluation develop.
Explore REF case studies and examples to help universities effectively measure and evidence impact, offering practical guidance on delivering high quality submissions across disciplines, institutions and projects.
Feedback from REF 2015
99% of feedback from our previous conference which took place last year graded the speakers as good or excellent. We had representation from 75% Russell Group Universities and 85% of attendees represented the top 50 Universities in the UK.
This year’s Research Impact (REF): Delivering Excellence 2016 conference promises to be even bigger and better and we have delighted with the overwhelming response we have had so far with representation from across the UK and Europe.
If you would like to know more about this event, please click here for more details and to register your place
If this one is not for you on the 14 July 2016 once again in Manchester is our National Teaching Excellence Framework conference. Details of this event can be found here
If you need any assistance or would like to discuss in detail please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.
Senior Marketing Executive
Open Forum Events
0161 376 9007