In 2015 we celebrated 50 years of supporting excellent social science. The 2016 Impact Prize builds upon this milestone by championing the continued and future contributions of our researchers though promoting the outstanding economic and social impacts achieved by ESRC-funded researchers.
The prize, now in its fourth year, is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward ESRC-funded researchers. It celebrates outstanding ESRC research and success in interdisciplinary, collaborative working, partnerships, engagement and knowledge exchange activities that have led to significant impact.
Applications for the 2016 Celebrating Impact Prize close at 15.00 on 29 January 2016.
There are 6 prize categories:
- Outstanding Impact in Business – recognises outstanding research which has brought about impact with business.
- Outstanding Impact in Public Policy – recognises research that has contributed to the development of UK public policy, at the local, regional or national government level.
- Outstanding Impact in Society – recognise research that has made a contribution benefiting a specific group of the public or society more widely.
- Outstanding International Impact – recognises research that has achieved impact at an international level in business, policy or societal issues.
- Outstanding Early Career Impact – recognises student researchers who have achieved or demonstrate potential in achieving outstanding impacts in any of the above categories.
- Impact Champion – recognises an individual who has a significant personal track record in supporting and enabling others to achieve impact.
Find out more here – http://www.esrc.ac.uk/research/celebrating-impact-prize/