I am pleased to announce that our full programme for this year’s Manchester Policy Week is now live and booking is open! www.manchester.ac.uk/policy/week
The theme is ‘Addressing Inequalities’ and we have a packed programme of events taking place at Nowgen on Grafton Street (our central venue this year) and also the Friends Meeting House near the Town Hall.
The week also marks the launch of the University’s Social Responsibility Signature Programme ‘Addressing Inequalities’.
- An opening address from former government minister Lord Heseltine.
- A debate on inequality chaired by new Newsnight presenter Evan Davis, with Shadow Childcare Minister Lucy Powell MP and Prof Kate Pickett on the panel.
- A keynote lecture from social geographer Prof Danny Dorling
- A debate on gender inequality chaired by Prof Dame Nancy Rothwell
- A debate on welfare spending at home and abroad featuring Alison McGovern MP (Shadow Minister for International Development).
- A debate on TTIP with World Development Movement and BIS.
There are also three themed days; education (Tuesday), health (Wednesday) and cities (Thursday), where we are inviting people to join us for the whole day.
All events are free and are open to everyone interested in debating and progressing public policy, so please do share the programme and specific events with your networks.
We will have a number of printed programmes available soon (PDF here – http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=21930), so if you require any, please do let me know.
We look forward to seeing you during Policy Week!