Looking to share the wonder of your research with the wider world? Here are two image competitions that might be of interest:
BBSRC Images with Impact
- “Images with Impact: the Great British Bioscience Image Competition”, BBSCRC are seeking the best images that showcase UK bioscience and its importance in everyday life.
- Open to the public, students and the bioscience research community.
- £2,400 of prizes to be won for images capturing exciting developments in bioscience.
- Any type of image can be entered: photography, visualisations and even illustrations.
- The overall winner will be decided by public vote from attendees at the Great British Bioscience Festival, London.
- The deadline for submissions is 6 October 2014.
Wellcome Image Awards
- Wellcome Images is the world’s leading resource for medical imagery, with themes extending from medical and social history to contemporary healthcare, biomedical science and clinical medicine.
- Placing images in a picture library is an excellent way to engage with the public and to increase their understanding of your work.
- If you are a research scientist, clinical photographer or illustrator, we would love to see your work.
- In order for your images to be considered for the Awards, they first need to be accepted into our collections.
- The winning images will go on display at science centres and public galleries across the UK.
- The deadline for submissions is 30 September 2014.
And here are just some of the other funders / learned societies who typically run photo competitions. Keep an eye out for future calls:
Society of Biology Photography Competition
EPRSC Science Photo Competition – Opens: 1 September 2014
www.theguardian.com/science/gallery/2014/mar/31/national-science-photography-competition-in-pictures (congratulations to the all the University of Manchester winners)
ESRC Where do I belong? – photo competition
Royal Society: Picturing Science
Institute of Physics: Photos of Physics