I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here! is an award-winning online event allowing students (from 9 – 18) to interact with real live scientists.
We’re looking for three moderators to work on the next event which will run for two weeks from the 10 March to the 21 March 2014.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Checking and approving questions.
- Adding appropriate keywords and tags.
- Logging and keeping track of questions, comments and dialogue.
- Checking the site for errors and inappropriate content and usernames.
- Moderating live chats between students and scientists.
- Helping to run the site.
It’s a lot of fun as the students (and scientists) are quick and funny and full of energy. And hey, promoting science engagement is a good thing, am I right?!
What we’d like from you:
- You should be bright, thoughtful, pick stuff up easily, ideally with an interest in science engagement.
- You’ll have great attention to detail and will enjoy being online, perhaps have experience in an online community.
- The site is all built on WordPress, so if you’ve used that the techy stuff will be pretty familiar.
- You’d be working from home, so you must also have broadband which doesn’t die every 10 minutes.
Please send a CV and short covering letter ASAP (by Monday 3 March 2014), to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you think you’d be a good moderator.
Dates: 10 – 21 March (Monday-Friday)
Hours: 37.5/week, 08.30-16.00 GMT
You might also want to read this (http://about.imascientist.org.uk/2012/thanks-for-applying/) on what kind of thing we’re looking for.
All the information can be found at about.imascientist.org.uk/2014/march-2014-moderator-job-vacancies/, though that post is much the same as this email.