In 2014 BBSRC will be marking 20 years of pioneering Great British Bioscience. To mark this important anniversary, we are staging a platform to highlight world-leading bioscience at its best: the “Great British Bioscience Festival”.
This is part of a wider year-long programme of anniversary activities. The festival will provide exciting, engaging displays and activities to showcase BBSRC-funded science to a broad public audience across the UK.
A quick summary
- Up to £10,000 available for the BBSRC research community to produce engaging exhibits in celebration of bioscience
- Additional funds may be available to support projects with a broader reach, such as media work, if content is appropriate
- Exhibits will be showcased in November 2014 in central London as part of the Great British Bioscience Festival
- Each exhibit will be first shown in the local area of the host institution(s)
- Successful applicants will have access to specialised training and support from BBSRC
- Applications will be judged by an expert panel of academics, science communication professionals and experts in evaluation
We expect to fund between 10 and 15 exhibits each of which will first be showcased to an audience local to the host institution before all coming together in central London in November 2014 for a three day festival.
It is expected that the festival will be launched by a VIP event on a Thursday evening where top stakeholders from government, academia, industry and the third sector will come together to view the exhibits. The exhibits will be open to all the following Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A press preview will be held on Thursday afternoon.
We are looking for a range of exhibits that inform, engage and entertain!
For full details including application forms see: www.bbsrc.ac.uk/funding/opportunities/2014/great-british-bioscience-festival.aspx