ReachOut is a mentoring charity. We work with young people from disadvantaged communities to help them achieve their potential and go on to lead good, happy and successful lives. Our Project Leaders lead a ReachOut project for one academic year.
We are looking for students from The University of Manchester to join the Reachout programme.
ReachOut are running two online information sessions for individuals interested in applying tobecome part of the ReachOut Leadership Development Programme 2021-22. The sessions willinclude more details about the role and what we’re looking for in an ideal candidate!
Book your ticket below:
What is a ReachOut Project?
ReachOut projects are made up of weekly sessions with young people aged 9-16. Sessions consistof the same 10-16 mentees and 10-16 mentors each week who meet to take part in characterbuilding activities. Mentors support their mentee to build their confidence and raise aspirations. Project Leaders plan and deliver these sessions each week providing support to both mentors and mentees.
What does the role entail?
- Delivering a weekly mentoring project in London, Greater Manchester or Liverpool (all sessions are currently being delivered online but will return to face-to-face once it becomes safe to do so)
- Planning exciting and engaging sessions within the ReachOut Curriculum
- Be an inspiring to young people and volunteers
What’s the commitment?
- Four hour a week paid role which includes planning and delivery of your ReachOut project
- Be able to deliver a session at the same time each week between September 2021- April/June2022
- Attend all ReachOut training to prepare you for the role
- Undergo an Enhanced DBS check
How will I benefit?
- Develop your leadership, management and communication skills
- Have access to exclusive development opportunities including your own Career Mentor
- Receive regular and ongoing feedback from your own line manager
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of young people